Have you ever looked for the perfect Present Perfect topic cards?
Did you go to Grab-and-Go ESL Lessons to get them?
More than 50+ different interesting questions for your students to talk about! Just think - at 1 minute per topic, that's 50+ minutes of non-stop speaking!
LEVEL: A2-B2 (Extendable)
SYNOPSIS: Students practice the difference between the usage of Present Perfect and Past Simple in speaking to find out more information
LANGUAGE FOCUS: Grammar accuracy.
EXAM FOCUS: Accuracy, fluency, discource
TIME: 15-50+ minutes
INTERACTION: Pairs or small groups.
[callout3] The point of this game is for students to master the difference between Present Perfect and the usage of Past Simple.[/callout3]
Present Perfect vs Past Simple Procedure:
1. BEFORE going to class, make sure you download and cut up the Present Perfect vs Past Simple question cards and that you have taught the two structures so students are familiar with the form and the usage of both the Present Perfect and the Past Simple.
2. Divide the class into pairs or small groups and place the topic cards face down in front for them.
3. Have one student answer the first Present Perfect question, and then the other students in the group ask the follow up questions in the Past Simple.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: you can increase the difficulty of this activity by setting a time limit for students to speak about the topic. Students would then lose points for every Past Simple question the other students have to ask them to help them keep talking.
The point of this game is for students to master the differences between the Present Perfect and the Past Simple.
Subscribe TODAY to access more than just this printable, interactive PDF - complete with updated teacher notes and printable handouts for you to energize, motiviate and excite you students with activities unlike any other you've ever used before!
Your Classroom Hero membership includes not just:
- Original, creative activities for your classes written by experienced professional Native Speakers
- Full teacher notes, including step-by-step instructions on how to use all the activities!
- Pre-class preparation procedures.
- Multiple warmer ideas for almost every topic encountered during your school year.
- An original Classroom Hero main activity which can be used to inspire, motivate and effectively utilize your class time.
- A plethora of follow-up/conclusion activities all designed for your ESL students to speak on topic, effectively.
- All our Classroom Hero ESL activities are designed to be used in the most versatile ways! Use the warmers, main activities and/or the follow up materials in the same class or simply pick and choose what works best for your learners!
|1 Full Year Membership $39.99||6 Month Membership $19.99!||5 ESL Activity Downloads $9.99|
While considering whether or not to sign up for a unique collection of amazing activity, please remember that I spend approximately 30 hours creating, writing, designing, testing and rewriting (anywhere from 3 to 6 times!) each of the premium activities on here. After paying all expenses related to Classroom Hero, all the proceeds help me to support my wife and dog. From all of us at Classroom Hero: Thank you for being a part of our team! Happy teaching!