Now in your classroom.
Coming to a student near you!
The language of love.
Set your students heart ablaze with this step-by-step, amazingly dynamic writing activity.
SYNOPSIS: Students write a poem about love.
LANGUAGE FOCUS: Writing with a time pressure about personal information.
EXAM FOCUS: Writing accuracy.
TIME: 45-90+ minutes
INTERACTION: Solo, pair and group work.
VOCABULARY: Language of love.
The point of this activity is for students to create a powerful love poem while focusing on the writing process of preparation and editing.
1. BEFORE starting the main writing activity, have the students discuss the following questions in pairs or small groups:
1. Write down a list of 10 different ways a person can tell another person “I love you!”
2. When was the first time your partner/boyfriend/girlfriend told you: “I love you?”
3. Who was the first person you confessed your love to?
4. How do you know when you’re in love? Create a top-10 list of the ways you can tell you’re in love.
5. What’s the difference between love and lust?
6. How old were you when you had your your first kiss?
7. What did you think of your big love when you first saw them?
8. What qualities attracted you to them in the first place?
9. Do you think it’s better for couples to live together before they get married, or to wait until after they’ve gotten married? Which approach is better?
10. Is it socially/morally ok for couples to live together before they get married?
Classroom Hero Member's Section:
Subscribe TODAY to access this interactive ESL lesson plan - complete with updated step-by-step teacher notes so you can energize, motivate and excite you students with an activity unlike any other you've ever used!
Love Poems is an ESL intermediate-to-advanced writing lesson plan that includes:
- Step-by-step instructions so you can have YOUR students working and learning in a fun, creative and productive way.
- A love poem writing exercise - creating a fun writing and reading experience for the whole class!
- Full teacher notes, including step-by-step instructions on how to use all the activities!
- Pre-class preparation procedures which will enrapture your students and call forth their imaginations.
- An original Classroom Hero main activity which can be used to inspire, motivate and effectively utilize your class time. Have your students work, while you monitor and guide them!
- Three follow-up/conclusion activities all designed for your intermediate (B1-B2) ESL students to speak on topic, effectively, in a fun and exciting way.
- All our Classroom Hero ESL activities are designed to be used in the most versatile ways! Use the warmers, main activities and/or the follow up materials in the same class or simply pick and choose what works best for your learners!
|1 Full Year Membership $39.99
||6 Month Membership $19.99!
||5 ESL Activity Downloads $9.99
While considering whether or not to purchase this amazing activity, please remember that I spend approximately 30 hours creating, writing, designing, testing and rewriting (anywhere from 3 to 6 times!) each of the activities on here. After paying all expenses related to Classroom Hero, all the proceeds help me to support my wife and dog. From all of us at Classroom Hero: Thank you for being a part of our team!